Server s21 Giant Ridge (speed server x10)

• Hi,

There was an hour or so that server was inaccesible.

I noticed that a backup was activated that took server some hours ago.

What compensation do you provide to players due to maintenance server problems?

What about things, army ,buildings or trekked villages that have been undone??

• What d u mean by...no one else?

This is a fact and i think it is recorded.

I was treeking a village that had turned into bandit. Before i send my last trek , server wasn't responding. (about 4:00 server time)

As much as i tried to log in, i did not managed it.

In a half an hour i was getting a page about ..."apache server not responding " or something like that.

After two hours , pages was loading normally, but i noticed that some progress i had in buildings and troops was lost!!

And...the bandit village i was trekking before.....wasn't bandit anymore!!! He returned in its previous condition!!

So, obvisouly, as sometimes those things happens in online games, players are informed and they get compensation about server problems and unprogrammed maintenance that costs them their progress, time and money.

In conclusion, it is certain that there was a backup in s21. I don't know whether you can confirm it or not but you have to investigate and protect users and their rights.

Regards

• In order to maintain a 24/24 server online, 3 backups of the database are made every day, 8 hours apart.

A backup lasts only 1-2 minutes but during this backup the database engine is stopped to preserve the database integrity and you cannot play.

If a huge problem appears (hardware crash for example) the game is restored from this backup and this means it can be 8 hours old.

You didn't miss 8 hours, so a restore wasn't performed.

What can happen on your side during this time. You try to play and a faulty page is loaded in the memory of your browser. Depending of the browser, cookies, cache size and other factors, you cannot load the correct page unless you do some things like:

- force reload the page with CTRL+F5

- clear cache and cookies and restart browser after that

This can also happen if there are bottlenecks in the network at some point in time.

You cannot control any of these, so the only option is to start fresh.

If this happens again to you, please make screenshots in which exact date and time are displayed, along with the error.

Right now we are looking for a possible problem, at a possible time and a "something like that" error. Not enough info to identify anything, sorry.

• In order to maintain a 24/24 server online, 3 backups of the database are made every day, 8 hours apart.

A backup lasts only 1-2 minutes but during this backup the database engine is stopped to preserve the database integrity and you cannot play.

If a huge problem appears (hardware crash for example) the game is restored from this backup and this means it can be 8 hours old.

You didn't miss 8 hours, so a restore wasn't performed.

This expalins things a bit, and actually i DID miss 8 hours of progress. This was obvious via battle reports times... last report after server restoring was about 8 hours ago.

What can happen on your side during this time. You try to play and a faulty page is loaded in the memory of your browser. Depending of the browser, cookies, cache size and other factors, you cannot load the correct page unless you do some things like:

- force reload the page with CTRL+F5

- clear cache and cookies and restart browser after that

I know all that staff and i can inform you that i had already done that. I even tried to use another browser..same result of not responding. Used also android's browser..same..

So , definitely it was not a browser issue or a bottleneck in 4:00 in the night..

If this happens again to you, please make screenshots in which exact date and time are displayed, along with the error.

Right now we are looking for a possible problem, at a possible time and a "something like that" error. Not enough info to identify anything, sorry.

My intention is not to argue with you or everybody else, but a server malfunction could not be relied to be proven on a simple user's screenshots or other kinds of proofs.

And that moment, sorry but my priority wasn't to take screenshots.

It seems to me that ..you doubt my claim about server restoration (and game progress lose) and you demand some kinds of proofs or evidence..for a server problem that it should be identified by admins or in a superior level..

Anyway, i wouldn't made this post from the beginning if i was not sure what did actually happen.

P.S How do you justify bandit village that became normal afterwards?? ( Should i have a scrsshots for that also? sorry i haven't :) It is only my adult words.

Regards,

Heisenberg

• actually i DID miss 8 hours of progress

I'm afraid that this is not possible. There was no rollback at all, since the server was launched.

You see that you could not login, but this can have several causes. You are not directly linked to the servers, you pass through several switches, servers, other devices that maintain the network and several services.

You also say you saw something very different in 2 moments of time. which you do not know exactly. Well, imagine logs with millions of records "around 4am". Without a more precise moment you are looking for a needle in the haystack.

How do you justify bandit village that became normal afterwards??

It may be a glitch, but it also may be a fraction of a second delay between becoming a bandit and the owner activating the account.